To help you prepare an archive, you can upload on the Ranch site, to send Houdini Rendering or Simulation projects, in the plug-in RANCH tools, we provide:
1. A node TOP, named RANCHecker:
It allows building an archive(.vuh) you can upload on the RANCH site to run your project.
The archive includes your Houdini scene with the assets needed for a smooth run on the farm.
2. A node SOP named Ranch Cache, which generates bgeo, vdb or abc caches type files.
This is required for running the RANCHecker in Simulation mode.
3. A node SOP named Ranch Cache Layer which allow generates extra bgeo, vdb ou abc caches type files.
It should be used along with a Ranch Cache to generate, in the same process, extra data on a separated file different from the Ranch Cache file.
For instance : generate a lower resolution simulation version in the same process than the main simulation, to be able to create a preview (“playblast”).
1. Rendering project steps (Still image or animation):
2. Simulation project steps: